Ali Turab Jafry
1. Paper-based 3D origami device for electrochemical application
2. Paper-based microfluidic device for flexible time-temperature indicator
3. Hypochlorous acid (HOCl) production and detection using Gold nanoparticles (AuNPs)
2013– onwards Masters & Ph.D. combined course, Mechanical Engineering, Sungkyunkwan University (SKKU), Suwon, Korea working in Multi-scale Fluid Mechanics Laboratory
2006-2010 B.S. Mechanical Engineering, University of Engineering & Technology, (UET) Lahore, Pakistan
- Ali Turab Jafry, Hosub Lim, Won‑Kee Sung, Jinkee Lee, “Flexible time–temperature indicator: a versatile platform for laminated paper‑based analytical devices”, Microfluidics and Nanofluidics, 2017, 21:57. [LINK]
- Ali Turab Jafry, Hosub Lim, Seong Il Kang, Ji Won Suk, Jinkee Lee, “A comparative study of paper-based microfluidic devices with respect to channel geometry” Colloids and Surfaces A: Physicochemical and Engineering Aspects, 2016, 492, 190-198. [LINK]
- Development of origami paper-based redox flow battery (2017 – onwards)
- Development of Flexible Time Temperature Indicator (2013-2016)
– Development and optimization of paper device by using photolithography, wax printer and paper cutting technique for a time temperature indicator used for food quality control.
– Optimization of working fluid for the FTTI device for various melting points.
– Use of lamination technique to seal the device.
– Development of flexible actuating mechanism for starting switch application.
- Development of Hypochlorous acid sensor using AuNPs in a Paper fluidic device (2014-2015)
– Development of microfluidic paper-based analytical device for detection of HOCl in drinking water.
– Gold Nanoparticles are used for the colorimetric detection of HOCl.
2013- HRD Initiative-MS leading to PhD Program of Faculty Development, funded by Higher Education Commission (HEC) Pakistan
2014- Brain Korea 21 Scholarship funded by National Research Foundation of Korea
Awards & Honors
2013 Awarded Faculty development Scholarship for MS leading to PhD program by Government of Pakistan under Higher Education Commission (HEC)
2012 Recognized as 97 % best performance lecturer in survey of University of Central Punjab (UCP) by the students Fall 11.
2012 Student “Batch Advisor” for Fall 12 session UCP, Lahore.
2012 Organized & represented University of Central Punjab (UCP) during zero visit of Pakistan Engineering Counsel (PEC)
2012 Member of “Lab development and design” for Future development of UCP mechanical Engineering labs.
2006 Member of the “Academics Society” at Cardinal school Lahore teaching fellow students
2004 All Pakistan Top in Chemistry O’levels Edexcel Board International examinations in year 2004 obtaining a “Certificate of Distinction”